Cooking food over a fire not only perfumes the food with incredible smoke flavor it also develops beautiful color while searing away on the hot metal while it cooks. Having a multi functioning piece of equipment is key to grilling, searing, and keeping food warm. Having accessories like dutch ovens, grill pans and jalapeno pepper roasters make the cooking experience fun while developing new skills with your equipment.
Introducing the CWC 36″ Fire Pit and Multi Level Grill
Cooking over the fire is such a relaxing activity for me. I love the perfume of the wood smoke and the crackle of the fire. Having a fire pit at our home with an area for a good-sized fire, multiple cooking surfaces that I can grill, sear and Dutch oven cook all at the same time is important. I’ve partnered with Circle J Fire Pits this month to bring you the ultimate patio fire pit and grill. The CWC 36” is not only a piece of art, but it has everything you could ever want in an outdoor over the fire piece of cooking equipment.
A List of Features
- The lower grill area is 36”wide, the perfect size for grilling 12 bone in chicken thighs. In addition to those chicken breasts, 6 bell peppers can also fit on the griddle side.
- With a locking T handle you can adjust the height of the grill, it is located on the back of the main support column.
- An additional 18” tortilla rack grill located on top of the base grill. With its own T handle you can move it close to the fire or away from it to keep food warm. The perfect surface for warming tortillas, resting a pot of cooked beans or cooking a tri tip low and slow.
- To top this fire pit and grill off there is a holder for all your cooking tools or you can use on of the heavy duty hooks to hang your dutch oven over the fire while making cobblers, stews and cornbread.
- An additional grill also comes with unit,
- The deep fire pit safely holds many fire logs, once the T handles are loosened and the grills are swung to the side the burn pit is ready and waiting for you to roast marshmallows. A large surface grill and griddle that swings over the fire or away from it so you can tend the fire as needed.
Teaching the Feature Welders
Circle J Fire Pits has helped high school welding programs by designing welding kits for schools to purchase. Once the kits are assembled, the school can auction off the unit or use it at their school. For the past four years Circle J Fabrication has helped create the Cowtown Welding Challenge. A one-day event that students and their welding teachers sign up to take part in at Circle J Fabrications. They select a design in advance, and the students have a six-hour time limit to complete the entire construction of the fire pit. Last year the project was this, the CWC 36” the fire pit I’m featuring this month.
With the success of the event and the design, Circle J Fire Pits has now added this design into production, so you can enjoy this fire pit at your home! The cut-outs along the firebase base can be customized. Imagine having your college alma mater, your state or family brand cut out for everyone to see. Anchor holes can be added so you can secure it to a foundation in your patio, gazebo, pool deck, or campground fire ring.
What’s on the Menu
Today I cooked salt and pepper grilled chicken thighs, searing the skin to create that golden brown outer layer. Then I transferred the chicken thighs to the grill side where they cooked over the hardwood fire below.
In the 18“ grill pan with its raised base that sits on the grill, I cooked green beans with red onions and red chili flake. The curved spatula that was specifically designed for this pan smoothly reached under all those green beans to move them around in the pan, safely. I did not have to worry any falling out and onto the grill.
Where Can You Find Circle J Fire Pits Products?
The complete collection is online at Circle J Fire Pits. There you will also find the tools and accessories to use with any of their products. Like the fire pits, tri-pod cook stands, tall bird bath grills, smokers and chuck wagon fireboxes. If you are in the Fort Worth, Texas area, you can visit them at their showroom. The full collection is on display for you along with a few special items. Shipping is not a problem, if you live in Texas, Idaho or Vermont they can ship any of their products.
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon red chili flake
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 lemon cut in half
- Light your hardwood fire and wait until the fire has burned down and a good layer of coals are in the base of your fire pit.
- In a large bowl add in all the ingredients and toss well, set aside.
- Carefully place your grill pan, or cast iron skillet over the hot coals on the grill rack.
- Add a bit of grape seed oil to the pan and carefully spread it around with a heat safe basting brush, allow to heat for 2 minutes.
- Carefully pour the ingredients from the bowl into the hot pan, it will splatter so keep safe.
- Keep the ingredients moving by string constantly.
- After a few minutes, spread out the green beans and allow to char, after 5 minutes give it a good mix and repeat this step.
- Once the green beans are cooked to your liking, carefully remove the pan from the fire and place on a heat safe surface, enjoy right away.