What can be easier at the campground than cooking a kabob? Well these shrimp kabobs are not only easy to prepare but they are delicious!
A simple marinade with a local brew is the way to go to m make this super simple and fast recipe that the whole family will love. Just skewer them up and they'll be ready in minutes!
- 2 pounds raw shrimp, shells removed and deveined
- 1 cup Pale Ale
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon green onions, chopped, green tops only
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6-8 wooden skewers
- In a small bowl, mix pale ale and honey together until honey dissolves. Add garlic, fresh herbs, salt, and pepper. Mix well. Place shrimp in a large Ziploc. Pour beer marinade over shrimp, close the bag, and place in the refrigerator for 4 hours to marinate.
- Use metal or wooden skewers (if using wooden skewers soak in water for at least 30 minutes). Place 8 to 10 shrimp onto each skewer.
- Heat a flattop griddle to medium high heat and preheat for 15 minutes. Drizzle 2-3 tablespoons of oil over the griddle and spread with a spatula or heat resistant marinade brush. Lower heat to medium.
- Cook shrimp 1 ½ to 2 minutes on each side. Shrimp will be pink, opaque, and firm. Remove from griddle, place on a platter and garnish with some fresh chopped herbs. Serve right away.