You have just removed a perfectly golden loaf bread from the oven, now is the time to spread a light layer of this flavorful garlic and herb butter over that crisp texture.
This garlic and herb compound butter is a wonderful addition to pasta, grilled chicken or a perfectly seared steaks. You can freeze this compound butter and store it in a container in your freezer for 3 months.
- Add to grilled vegetables
- Mix into a baked potato
- Add to bread before grilling
- Use in a cream sauce at the start when making your roux
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ Tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- ½ Tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- ½ Tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and place in a small freezable
- container, will keep for up to 3 months. Best on beef,
- chicken, shrimp, grilled vegetables and pasta.