Cuban Seasoning Mix
Bursting with flavor, homemade Cuban seasoning mix is perfect for mojo pork, flavorful grilled vegetables and mouth watering grilled chicken.
This delicious Cuban seasoning mix combines the savory and herbal spices of garlic, onions, cumin, oregano and turmeric. Create a Cuban mojo vinaigrette salad dressing by adding orange, lime or lemon juice along with olive oil and a teaspoon of the seasoning. Marinate your favorite fish dishes like shrimp, halibut or salmon with olive oil and a sprinkle of the seasoning mix.
Finish your grilled kabobs with a Cuban honey bbq glaze. Take two tablespoons of honey and a teaspoon of the mix, blend well then baste the kabobs just as they come off the grill.
Overall, a homemade Cuban seasoning mix is simple to make and costs a fraction of the store-bought spice mix price. But benefit of making this seasoning mix at home is that it does not contain MSG. Unfortunately most pre-made Cuban seasoning mixes have as an ingredient.
- 2 Tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons onion powder
- 2 Tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 Tablespoons dried oregano, crushed
- 1 Tablespoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 Tablespoons dried parsley, crushed
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- Place all ingredients into a mason jar, place lid on and shake well. Keep in your pantry up to 6 months. Can be doubled. Can be used on chicken, beef, turkey, pork and vegetables.