Cajun Grilled Shrimp and Sausage Skewers
Simple to prepare and packed with flavor, Cajun grilled shrimp skewers are the perfect go to for your next campground meal or simple supper at home.
The layered flavors from the Cajun seasoning, char from the grill brightens the deep smoky Andouille sausage. I promise your campground will smell delicious while these skewers are cooking and your bellies will be full and happy with the warmth of the smoked paprika, cayenne, garlic and herbs.
This is a super fast meal you can have on your table from start to finish in under 45 minutes.
Grill up some onions and bell peppers, make the remoulade sauce so you can dip the tender and succulent grilled shrimp for the authentic Louisiana Cajun food experience.
With this particular recipe we cooked it using the CasusGrill… an amazing 100% biodegradable completely disposable grill. It is amazing!
I promise your campground will smell delicious while these skewers are cooking away and your bellies will be full and happy with the fantastic warmth of the smoked paprika, cayenne, garlic and herbs.
5 based on 5 review(s)
- 16 ounce 41/50 Large size shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 Tablespoons Cajun seasoning , Recipe
- 1- 14oz Package Andouille sausage
- 1 Medium yellow onion
- 1 Green bell pepper
- Combine butter, olive oil, Cajun seasoning, lemon juice and zest in a small pot, bring mixture to a low simmer until the butter is melted. Remove half of the marinade and place in a small bowl and set aside. This will be your basting marinade.
- In a large bowl, combine the shrimp and cooled marinade; mix well and place in the refrigerator for 30-45 minutes.
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 30-45 minutes.
- Slice andouille sausage in ½ inch slices and set aside.
- Cut the bell pepper and onion into 1 ½ inch squares.
- Thread marinated shrimp and sausage onto the wooden skewers, set aside on a platter or sheet pan.
- Heat casus grill for 10 minutes. Add the vegetable skewers to the grill and cook for 5 minutes a side, basting with reserved marinade. After 10 minutes add the Cajun shrimp and sausage skewers to the hot grill in a single layer. Cook until shrimp are no longer opaque and sausage is cooked, about 3-4 minutes a side. Baste with reserved marinade when you turn the skewers over once during the cooking process.
- Serve with remoulade sauce , garnished with chives and lemon wedges.