The Best Asian Spice Mix
A delicious and simple homemade Asian spice mix, full of flavor and at a fraction of the store bought price tag.
Ginger powder, brown sugar, garlic, chives, toasted sesame seeds and red chili flake deliver a powerful flavor to any dish you use this spice mix with.
Sprinkle Asian seasoning mix on shrimp just before grilling over a fire. Add in two teaspoons to fresh ground pork for Asian pork sliders. Rub a side of salmon with two teaspoons of the spice mix before grilling on a cedar plank. Add a teaspoon or two of the season mix to grapeseed oil and marinate chunks of beef before grilling kabobs.
A mix of soy sauce, toasted sesame seed oil, ketchup and the mix will create an Asian bbq sauce that is better than any pre-made bottle mix you buy at the store.
- 2 Tablespoons dried chives
- 1 Tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ginger powder
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried red chili flake
- Place all ingredients into a mason jar, place lid on and shake well. Keep in your pantry up to 6 months.
- Can be doubled.
- Can be used on chicken, beef, turkey, pork, fish and vegetables.